Monday, April 24, 2006

Too tired to work: The weekend in review

Don't you wish that being tired was a good excuse not to go into work. You'd call in "tired" instead of "sick" using up 8 hours of "tired" time.

That was my train of thought this morning, but realizing that we indeed don't have a "tired leave" policy, I drug myself out of bed, into the shower and off to work.

I am tired because my weekend was sooo good, leaving me no energy for the week ahead. It's the kinda tired you had as a kid after playing outside all day and coming in for dinner. A few minutes of television and you were out.

Wonderful weather, awesome company and way too much food all added up to a good weekend.

On Friday I scooted out of work a little early in anticipation of the arrival of Needlefingers and Pilot. After a few errands, I headed out to get the homestead ready and soon thereafter Cynical joined me. We literally greeted our guests upon arrival and then immediately loaded into the car for dinner at Olive Garden. Cynical's fears that they wouldn't be hungry were unfounded, as they, like us, were famished. (He had schemed a snack schedule and other ways to assure eating, so we had a plan B.)

After dinner, we waddled into the bookstore and dropped by Target. (They so had to drag me into both of them. Me in bookstores and Target on a Friday night. Well, that's unheard of.) We decided to torture our guests by driving them through neighborhood after neighborhood stalking houses in a continuation of our obsession with moving. A stop by Starbucks was our attempt to redeem ourselves and soon we headed home.

Gabbing and more gabbing ensued and we made it to bed very, very late for a school night. On Saturday we focused on geocaching, finally getting a few that had eluded us in the past. Needlefingers and I did manage to squeeze in a yarn shoppe run. Ragged: nothing. Needlefingers: a load of goodies. A cookout with additional guests followed and some card playing left us tired and ready for bed.

Cynical had devised a picnicking/geocaching plan for Sunday, so after a big breakfast prepared by my beloved, we hit the road again. After much walking, much searching, lunch and feeding of the ducks, we headed back to Chez Ragged and collapsed.

I had attempted to resist sharing another big development after being teased by Cynical, but I will try to squeeze it in at the end in hopes that he won't read this through: with the help (and patience) of Needlefingers, I finished my first sock. Photos will follow, I assure you.

2 comments:

FarmWife said...

Don't listen to Cynical! We MUST know about all finished knitting projects! That's what we're here for after all!

Sounds like a fabulous weekend! Pilot gave it glowing reviews as well. I had to google geocaching and think it sounds fun! But I'm not sure I'm technilogically savvy enough for it.

FarmWife said...

what a fabulous green sock! and I love the shoes...or slippers as baby girl would say.