Thursday, June 15, 2006

Calling Dr. Bombay

I have been on a bit of a tangent lately and I hope you will forgive me. However, maybe today I can get through a post without espousing my liberalist views on your guys. . . or maybe not.

Play nice why don't ya
I do have one thing to say before I dig into the mundane that is my life: it's not that hard to be nice and supportive. I won't go into details, but after a phone conversation with one of my family members, that was what was running through my head. I wanted to say simply, "Be nice, it's not that hard." Maybe for some it is. Do you think so?

Onto the mundane. . .
Here's a little e-mail conversation between my favorite co-worker and I this morning. She's signing the papers for her new home today and she's a nervous wreck. We are obviously far too wrapped up in pop culture for our own good.

Ragged: Today is the day, you are off to great places. You are off and away. Just a little Dr. Seuss to celebrate your signing.

Co-worker: I had gotten distracted from it. I am a nervous wreck.

Ragged: It will be over soon. Take a deep breath and enjoy it.

Co-worker: If only I could be like Samantha Stevens.

Ragged: She always winds up in a mess. You don't want to be calling Dr. Bombay to bail you out.

Co-worker: You are right. We are warped, aren't we?

Ragged: I am more concerned that we both followed that line of thinking.

3 comments:

emily said...

You know, there's nothing wrong with asking someone to try to be nice.

Anonymous said...

Forgive me...I have a question that has nothing to do with this post but wanted to make it easy for you to respond...on your Finished projects page, the dishcloth pattern listed as "Traditional Increase Pattern" - did you find that pattern online? Also, the border on that cloth - was that your own or was that part of the pattern?
Thanks in advance,
Michele

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Michelle,
Send me an e-mail and I can get the pattern to you.

-Ragged