Monday, January 02, 2006

It's all over now

Well, today is the last day. The last day I can wear my glasses all day. The last day I let my hair airdry. The last day I can sleep late. The last day I can wear a t-shirt that says, "Life is good."

Soon I will rejoin the real world, a world of people that work five days a week, brush their teeth before 10 a.m. and put on make-up.

It's not so bad. It really isn't. This was a much-needed vacation, but it's time to go back to the darkside. It's time to use my work voice on the telephone. It's time to leave the house before 8 a.m. and resume the fountain coke obsession. It's time for a schedule. It's time for some routine.

It's ok, don't cry for me. It's not so bad. It's not so bad. (That's what I keep telling myself.)

I woke this morning with the sun shining in my window. Who would have thought: sunshine and 68 degrees on January 2 in Kentucky! I chose to see it as an omen and went to work. I had finished my assigned home improvement projects before going to bed last night, so I slept soundly thanks to paint fumes and exhaustion.

But my work was not done, I had a game plan for today as well. I cleaned the place from top to bottom in an attempt to get us off to a good start for the work week. I even mopped. I know, it's incredible! So, the laundry is still rinsing, the dryer still running and Cynical napping and I feel a real sense of accomplishment.

The first part of my vacation I spent socializing, shopping and drinking coffee. The second week I relaxed, slept, blogged and watched a LOT of television. And, the past two days I kicked into gear and knocked everything of my wishful list of "to do's."

So, I greet the work week with anticipation, hoping this break has rejuvenated me not only as an employee, but as a friend, partner, relative and overall person. Wish me luck. I am off to a good start, my floors are clean afterall.

Just a shot of our new light fixture which replaced an unlit ceiling fan. Bad thing is that now we can see other improvements the room needs.

5 comments:

Nan said...

It sounds like an authentic vacation... as opposed to the generic China rip-off variety.

Time truly does pass too quickly, but on the plus side, we had an extra second added to the year last year! I wish someone had told me earlier. I would have made plans.

Joy said...

I've spent two entire days without leaving my house. Yet, I'm not nearly as optimistic about the upcoming week. At least it's a short one!

Jennifer said...

I had to laugh when I read the first paragraph. I've spent the last 2 weeks wearing my glasses and letting my hair air dry too! Hope your first day back is relatively pain-free. :)

musicgeek said...

Clean floors! What's that like?

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Nothing wrong with glasses and damp hair. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

I have no idea what clean floors are like, ours are already trampled and in need of sweeping. Alas, it all begins again.