Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas comes early

I usually don't put up a tree until well into December. This year, however, we got a little jump on the holidays. Typically we'd be picking out a tree next weekend. I think we were just anxious to get the party started around here, so to speak.

We had thought we'd pick out a tree at a local farm on Sunday. Threats of rain sent us a day early and we ended up spending most of our gorgeous Saturday decorating (not that it's all that strenuous, it just took a while to drag stuff out). It all began with putting some lights on the small shrubs outside and creating fresh garland to put around the door, the remainder of which I used to decorate the mantle. My plan was to light and decorate the tree today, but I got a burst of energy and put all 1600 lights on the tree last night. The ornaments had to wait until this morning.

Alas, Christmas has come early to Chez Ragged.

4 comments:

phinner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
phinner said...

how tall is that tree? are all your lights UL Listed? do they have that hologram UL label? 'cause that's how you can tell. if you have any CSA or ETL lights on that tree, we may have to rethink our bloggy friendship!!! just kidding, LOL! I would prefer that UL had your back!!!

whoa! 1600 lights!!! I am impressed! and I'd love to see that in person!!! looks gorgeous! can we see some ornament close-ups here too?

I thot of you a lot today, there was some really cool knitting stuff/projects/handmade product/supplies to purchase at the art show.

Brena said...

Wow! That is a fantastic tree!!!! I'm impressed.

Rudy said...

Wow 1600 did the neighborhood dim when you lite it up?