Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Markers in the week

It's Wednesday. It's part of a week of special events and busy chores. My day begins with an annual exam at the doctor's office. (What a way to start the day.) Never fear, I am meeting up with Kissed Knitter for lunch, so that gives me something wonderful to look forward to.

And of course, for the first time this week, I'll be hanging out at home this evening. I kinda want to hang out at home, enjoy the tree, wrap some gifts, maybe write out some Christmas cards. It's gonna be cold and nasty tonight, so it's a good thing to be holed up in the house.

I'm judging a lighting contest later in the week and on Saturday I am spending some time with a dear friend that I've known since sixth grade. On Sunday I'll see a performance of "The Messiah". Not a busy schedule, but one full of little gems.

Just a shot of the centerpiece on our table. Glass ornaments in a compote dish. Fancy, eh?

3 comments:

Brena said...

I'm diggin' your holiday decor!

Anonymous said...

Your centerpiece just inspired me to something like that! I have a bunch of extra ornaments and a hurricane vase thingy...hmmmm....

madretz said...

Ou! how fun to judge a lighting contest! will u be able to take photos? I hope so, can't wait to see 'em if so!