Friday, June 02, 2006

Lazy daisy

It's raining. It's been raining for days it seems. I see no end in sight and continual reviews of the radar leave me thinking that perhaps I have been transported from this little Ohio River town to Seattle or parts there about.

I even stopped this morning, in homage to the rain, and got a Venti-sized mocha in order to help me beat the chill of the rain and the wind. It didn't work, but it did leave me on a bit of a caffeine buzz, so I am not complaining.

Last night I decided that my Clutch You Can't Live Without (from One Skein) was just too plain and drab. So, I dug through my stash of buttons, slid them around on the clutch and ended up coming up with this sweet little flower that I stitched onto one side. It was just right. The angle is a bit deceiving and I assure you that the buttons do lay nice and flat and are evenly spaced. It would just be far to easy for me to shoot the bag from above straight on. Everything in my life is a little off kilter, so why should my photography be anything else.

I also nearly completed the Spiral Rib Bag (also from One Skein). Just need to finish the bottom and whip up an I-cord pull and she's set for her debut. (I have big plans to do that during lunch, so wish me luck.) In honor of the Project Spectrum June theme (and because I love the color), I chose Mariner blue in Cotton Fleece. I taught myself how to do a provisional cast-on and was so very proud. I ended up a stitch short and unlike my previous penchant for ripping everything out, I simply created a stitch and then with a little smoke-and-mirrors stitching covered the tiny gap. I was so pleased and proud of myself. I fudged and fudged well.

The weekend lies only a few hours away and I must say that even though it's been a short week, I am giddy with anticipation. Nothing exciting and flavorful on my plate for the next few days, but I still like getting a bit of a break.

Plans to help a friend set-up and man her yard sale, visit with Cynical's parents and maybe take my beloved out for dinner. On Sunday, however, I plan to wear my pajamas all day long and maybe, just maybe walk outside on the porch once or twice to breathe some fresh air, nothing more, nothing less.

6 comments:

Nan said...

I love the cute button flower. Very Mary Englebreit!

Ragged Around the Edges said...

I thought so too, very summery and I needed something to step me into summer.

phinner said...

So sweet! I really like the small, simple details.

Hey, doncha have a whole month to finish your project spectrum project? Are you the person in high school who finished your homework b/4 the weekend, instead of leaving it to the last minute?!

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Phinner, I was an overachiever in high school, but it didn't take me long to fall from grace.

If you will notice I haven't held up well during the other months of the project. I am trying to redeem myself AND use up some of that growing yarn stash of mine.

FarmWife said...

How precious! I'll have to try this on Baby Girl's dresses!

madretz said...

I hear ya about that depressing rain. Happily we've been sunny and warm for several weeks now but except for 4-6 days, it rained e.v.e.r.y day in March and April. My cousin in Seattle had it much better!
I'm lovin' your cute bag with the button flower!! A prefect little detailed addition.