Friday, June 09, 2006

Presenting. . . shiney and new

Before
After

I haven't slid across them in my Apple socks yet, but I can promise you that the slide factor has to be amazing. The wood is so smooth.
Words cannot describe how happy I am. I am thrilled that the floors look so beautiful, so natural, so bright. They fit our lifestyle, they fit our philosophy of function and form. I will bore you with more before and after shots, but my perspectives were limited as we are avoiding walking on it.
I am a bit grumpy and "snippy" according to Cynical's own blog. I fear that tight quarters, mayhem, lack of ventilation in our hot house and less than three hours of sleep have left me a little out of sorts. I have no fear that some sleep, a little time away from the house and maybe a Passion Tea Lemonade from Starbucks will improve my mood.
We are planning to escape a bit over the next few days, maybe doing some geocaching, making a yarn run for a top secret blogger exchange and relaxing in a movie.
I have gotten some knitting time in, so if you want to see my latest felted clutch and bowls, visit the new and improved Finished Projects section at right.
For now, I am going to clear off the bed, tuck away my knitting and think cool thoughts as I try to get some rest and maybe improve my mood. My poor Cynical, he deserves a happy and chipper girl and tomorrow he will have one. (Grin.)

4 comments:

madretz said...

the floors are bea-u-ti-ful!!!

Have a fantastic weekend!

FarmWife said...

How fabulous! Those are some seriously beautiful floors you have there, Miss Ragged. I picked the perfet time to have interent access, I so wanted to see the final results! So, were they worth the hassle? :)

Have a good weekend and try to be nice to Cynical! He's just a boy and they're sensitive.

Lynilu said...

Ohhhhh, that is SO pretty! I can't wait to have mine done. I have to remove as much as I can, have Merry Maids or someone clean the whole house well, and then . . . Enjoy your beautiful floor!

Rudy said...

AMAZING!!! I posted before but it didnt show up. Im not sure whats going on...