Saturday, June 10, 2006

What's a girl to do. . .

when she's feeling a bit claustrophobic in her own home? Well, she plans a full day of running to provide some relief.

Cynical and I arose early and hit a few yard sales. I managed to get a deal on some CDs and two knitting guides. But alas, it was a bust otherwise. A stop by the farmer's market proved fruitful however and tomorrow we will dine on grilled veggies.

We squeezed in our traditional breakfast out and then headed home. While Cynical slumbered I ran a few errands including getting my Father's Day gift wrapped up, picking out some buttons for some decorative touches planned for some upcoming birthday gifting, drinking a shaken Passion Tea Lemonade and a run by the yarn store for supplies.

I had done some knitting for a friend's aunt who is battling cancer. She rewarded my efforts with a gift card for an area restaurant. Cynical and I took full advantage of it and ate lunch out today as our kitchen has essentially been rendered useless.

A quick trip to Kohl's for some good buys and then we were off to Wal-Mart. The latter is my least favorite chore, but with some deep yoga breaths, a stop by the magazine aisle and some beautiful strawberries, it wasn't so bad. We survived and made it home.

We cleared a rather awkward spot in our den and are now able to be in a part of the house that's a little cooler. The heat has been an issue since our bedroom has never really had good circulation even though the entire place is air-conditioned. I suspect the wardrobe and other furniture are further blocking the path of the cool air we are desperately trying to pull upstairs. Thus our new cool domain, even though cramped, is much welcomed given the unexpected 90-degree temperatures.

We've taken the advice of the experts (my brother and dad) and are forgoing loading the furniture back into the living room until Tuesday night. I just don't want to risk ruining such a beautiful project.

We had big plans for some outdoor painting, but alas, we are not hot weather folk and are putting it off a bit.

I haven't felt well all day. I suspect lack of sleep and some health issues are catching up with me. So, I am hoping to relax tonight, do some knitting and perhaps read a little. That's a sure cure.

The top photo is of our farmer's market bounty. I love yellow squash and you know how I feel about tomatoes. All of these goodies were grown locally by small farms.

This photo is some yarn for several upcoming gift projects. All nice and bundled and ready for me to start on them.

2 comments:

phinner said...

Doncha just love how those machines re-wind the skeins of yarn?! I like the weight and the feel of those cylinders. (? they're not really "balls" of yarn at that point.)

Your floors by the way, look fabulous. I don't know how you can resist not breaking out the racing socks and having a go. If I'm at anyone's house with wood floors and happen to have socks on, watch out!!! Humm, I'm kidsitting tonite at a house with shiny, wood floors, maybe I'll take over a pair of socks : .)

needlefingers said...

Very nice yarn cakes. (that's what I call 'em anyway) At first I thought "Ragged bought a ball winder!", but then thought maybe your friendly neighborhood yarn shop owner wound them.

And, is that Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece and Kaleidoscope Belize? Very pretty.