Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Daylight Saving Time. . . seriously. . . why are you so cruel?

I would have blamed the carlight thing on Daylight Saving Time, but the whole thing started well before we were told to "spring forward" and lose an hour. . . . I miss that hour. My body wants it back. It's not ready and neither am I.

On the "bright" side: the sun is shining today; and I'm going to get my dinger fixed and oil changed next week. Now if i can just remember where I put my keys and whether or not I closed the garage door, I'd feel all shiney and wonderful.

PS: Did you know it's actually Daylight Saving Time, not Daylight Savings Time. . . learned that on CBS News Sunday Morning; sharing that with you because Cynical is tired of my knowledge sharing. Perhaps it was my lesson in the importance of chick peas shared over the salad bar on Sunday that pushed him over the edge.

6 comments:

K_Dense73 said...

I heart ignorance.

Brena said...

I miss that hour too... it's screwed up my life.

I'm dying to know the importance of chick peas.

madretz said...

I gladly forgo the sleep for the extra daylight at night. It's 7pm and the sun is still out! Jimmy however, prefers the fall back. he loves it when it's 5:15 and it's already dark. just call him mr. caveman.

Anonymous said...

I love the time changes. It mixes things up a bit...ha ha! I am glad it's lighter longer, but I hate that it's still dark at almost 7am here!

-Stacey at toomanyscarves

Ashley said...

This time has hit me hard too, I am so tired! I feel robbed!

Brando said...

I need a nap!