Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I have a confession. . .

My dinger is broken. And before you take your mind directly into the gutter, let me explain.

Twice in the past two weeks I have left the lights on in my car and hence run my battery down to nothing, requiring a jump start. I thought perhaps it was because I was so distracted with the potential move, work, rumors of a "Felicity" reunion and dreams of a backyard where we can actually sit without fearing for our lives.

Instead, I realized that the device that makes that annoying ding noise when I open the car door and leave the lights on is no longer working. And without that gentle reminder, I am oblivious to the fact my lights are on. So, it's not my fault. So there.

6 comments:

Art the Omnipotent said...

What?!? A Felicity reunion? WORD!!!!!

Ramblin73 said...

You can buy a replacement dinger. It's more like a buzzer and it's not as plesant of a sound but it will keep you battery charged. If you ran you battery down flat twice your battery might not be long for this world.

Ramblin73 said...

apparently I can't spell your.

Ragged Around the Edges said...

Ummmm. . . lights were left on for well over 4 hours, so the battery is fine; and I think the replacement of a fuse will fix her up just right; getting that done with an oil change asap. I need my dinger.

Anonymous said...

If you hear anything more official on that Felicity news....you let me know! Ben! Noel! How I miss you!

-Stacey at toomanyscarves

Anonymous said...

I don't know how coincidental this is, but my dinger broke too! I ran my battery down once, and then discovered it. For some reason, its working again, but I'm not counting on it. I have to be VERY diligent about turning my lights off. Good luck with your dinger!