Monday, January 01, 2007

The party is over

Today marked the last day of my extended vacation, and I must admit I am sad to know that tomorrow morning it's back to the same old grind. I wish I could say I was renewed and ready to go back, but in reality, I really wish I had more time.

I also know that Ragged needs income to support her lavish and extravagant lifestyle* and that makes employment a necessity. (*Butter cookies and yarn are not cheap.)

Cynical decided to dig right into our resolutions and conned me into helping him clean out our linen/utility closet. I must admit that it actually felt good to shed several boxes of stuff. That's the upside. The downside is that now I want to tear into every closet, drawer and cubby hole in the house. Not a good thing as it seems Cynical ran out of steam at about the second closet shelf. So, now our living room is full of bags and boxes bound for a local charity. Gone are an over abundance of towels, one too many foot creams and assorted magic markers.

After our decluttering flurry, we met my folks at their house for a traditional New Year's Day lunch comprised of pork roast, vegetables, black-eyed peas (not so Fergalicious), cabbage and soda bread.

Our afternoon has been full of stuff you gotta do to get ready to go back to work. Ugh. It really is time to go back to the real world. I can only hope the transition is a smooth one. Maybe some peppermint ice cream will soften the blow.

I am certain that Izzie is ready for both of us to get out of her hair, literally.

2 comments:

madretz said...

Can you come over and declutter my closets, too? I serve butter cookies and trips to all the fun knitting stores in the bay area. :)

Anonymous said...

I envy you. I can't declutter. Now I'm going back to my blog to write about it. I started to write it here, and it filled up W-A-Y to much space.