Thursday, December 04, 2008

Christmas Knitting: Check

The last of my Christmas knitting, modeled by my beloved.

75 Yard Malabrigo Fingerless Mitts by Jeanne Stevenson
Yarn: (Not Malabrigo) Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride in Black and Charcoal Gray
Needles: #9 Addis, Magic Loop Method
Completed: November 22, 2008

Knitting confessions: I ran out of charcoal gray yarn on the second mitt, so I had to improvise, and added the black trim, which meant I had to rip out part of the first one and reknit the last few rows in black to match them up.

My knitting projects are wrapped and tagged thanks to the tags created by Madretz and Zann, the perfect touch.

PS: Last year I started a tradition. I guess it's not really a tradition if you've only done it one year, but they have to start somewhere, right? Well, I decided that I wanted to craft a Christmas decoration for our home. You might remember the button tree (inspired by Madretz) or the cookie cutter mobile. Problem is that this year I am already stumped. Any ideas? Anyone? Anyone?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you're not dead-set on it being a completely crafted-at-home item, I'd suggest taking Cynical to a paint your own pot place and making something together. We have lots of seasonal stuff that we've made at our favorite one, including an egg plate for Easter. I think this year it might be a cookie plate. We decorated cookies tonight (we're cheaters-- they were already cut out, we just had to bake and decorate). And when I went to put them on a plate, I noticed we don't have a special one. And the Hadley cookies for Santa plate was too small. Just an idea.

Anonymous said...

How about a crafty garland? Elsie made a super-cute one here - http://abeautifulmess.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/12/3am-blogging.html (scroll down a little bit for the picture)

phinner said...

ok, my first thot...more knitting!!! mini mittens!

this girl has made some tute stuffs so far...http://eliseblaha.typepad.com/golden/ I like the paper groc bag ornaments and the "card" holder out of envelopes!

Brena said...

Maybe doing a garland or a wreath? I plan on doing our garland this year basing it off of the one I like at Pottery Barn.

Btw, I really like the black trim on the fingerless gloves. It gives them a little something extra!

madretz said...

heehee, i'm in the same boat. the ideas are not coming to me this year. i think b/c I still have so many things to do this year and last year i had all my shopping done by dec 1st. i'm starting to freak that there are only 3 more weekends till christmas.

Art the Omnipotent said...

I found this on the Martha Stewart web page. I'm going to try making them with the kids.

http://www.marthastewart.com/article/beaded-holiday-ornaments?backto=true