Sunday, June 11, 2006

Summertime and the living is easy

I fear that my food obsession is evident not only in my naming of knitting projects, but lately it's very apparent in my posts. My favorite part of summer is fresh produce and I cannot deny my passion for them. As I mentioned yesterday we made a run to the farmer's market and came home with a bounty of goodies.

A portion of that produce was all part of a special salad I had learned about online. It's an easy mix. I just poured a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar and basil over cucumbers, mozzarella cheese and fresh tomatoes. It's certain to become my favorite summertime snack. Easy to prepare. Fresh and cool.

I followed up my evening meal with a few of these beauties.

Aaaah, summertime and the living is easy.

3 comments:

Brando said...

Send me the link for the salad. It looks GREAT. Okay Just mail me a bowl of salad. Yummy Yummy!!

Lynilu said...

Yummmmmmmmmm!

madretz said...

Definitely one of the best things about summertime - oh so very fresh!