Thursday, December 11, 2008

Checking in: drive-by blogging

It's busy, isn't it? Are you guys feeling overwhelmed and swamped too?

So, just a quick stop to to provide a few unnecessary updates and to say hello.

-Did I tell you that starting December 19, I am taking vacation time and not coming back into the office until January 2. Yep, that's a long time and I cannot wait. I may even be counting the days. I have big plans for that time period, but we all know I'll just be eating butter cookies, knitting and watching lame Christmas movies. But I will be wearing my new sporty (green and gray) slippers I bought on Black Friday, so that completely redeems my laziness, because I'll be doing it in style.

-On December 19, I am trekking to the land of Churchill Downs and spending time with a friend, playing with her kids, doing some yarn shopping and dining out. I can't wait for that either. Oh, and I'm packing lots of Christmas music and you can't stop me.

-I wore the Puffed Sleeve Cardigan (Fitted Knits) to work recently and since then every time I wear a sweater someone thinks I have knitted it. I am taking it as a compliment. It is, right? However, I wonder if they realize that I do sleep and eat and bathe and watch a lot of television and sometimes I read. Really, no way could I have knit my entire wardrobe. I just might start taking credit, but that would be wrong, particularly this close to Christmas. He's still watching I hear.

-I'm *this* close to finishing up my shopping. Seem to be stumped when it comes to my nephew. Seriously, what do you get a 13-year-old boy? I'm perplexed and so out of touch. Makes me feel old, so old I might buy one of those plastic head scarves to wear when it's raining. I have one gift to nab for a family friend, but I think otherwise we're sparkly and golden when it comes to shopping.

-I bought the goods to make a yo-yo garland. I'm going to use a little tutorial to do so. I landed on it as my Christmas craft this year because 1. It's easy. 2. I don't like to sew, and am hoping this will help with that and 3. It's so darned cute. Don't you think?

-My beloved is getting me a dress form for Christmas. I spied one online on sale, I even had a co-worker measure me (yes, in my office) with a tape measure that came with my desk. I'm a happy elf these days. I envision myself playing dress up until the New Year. Maybe I'll shoot some photographs for you, show you my true handknit sweaters.

4 comments:

Celestial said...

I've never been much of a yo-yo person, but I do think this is cute.

So jealous you're taking a long vacation.

Rudy said...

I will be on vacation from Dec 19th till the 31st. Other than a trip to Mom and Dads I plan on spendin a whole heap of time on the couch with my black friday PJ pants. Nothin spells lazy slob like my fleece Stewie Griffen PJ pants and when they get a funkafied I have a pair of Homer Simpson ones too. Merry Christmas Everyone.

Anonymous said...

Love the yo-yo's...one of theses days I'll make them.

Uhmmm...can you talk Cynical into buying me a dressform? ;)

madretz said...

I so wanna make that yo-yo garland, too! Very cool! Don't think it'll happen this year, tho.

I'm jealous that you're almost done w/ your shopping. But yea, a 13yo is hard to buy for! My almost 13yo niece is getting a new camera from the grandparents, so she's getting from us...wait for it...a 2G memory card and extra battery. whoohoo. :| But she'll need it. Good luck!