Monday, December 08, 2008

Timelines, schedules and cards

I finished my Christmas cards yesterday. That may not sound like a bit feat, but for me, somehow, it takes forever. I am not sure if it is because unlike last year I decided to write out the addresses. Maybe it's because I write a note in most of them. It could be the procrastinator in me or maybe the perfectionist. Anyway, they went out today, save a few stragglers that still need full addresses (nothing I do is every really "done").

When it was all over, I was covered in a glittery coating, as was my face (resulting from licking the envelopes), the couch, my address book and I think a nearby cat. We do like glittery, and I did feel a bit like Glenda The Good Witch, except I hadn't bathed yet, brushed my hair and wasn't carrying a wand.

My mom sends hers out the day before Thanskgiving. She takes great pride in that, beating everyone else to the punch. I think her legs are permanently bent from sitting in bed each night addressing them. Hers, of course, was the first one to arrive and I think she gloated as she called to check that it had.

We had a good night last night, save the fact that I ended up being shocked by a strand of tiny lights, smacked in the face with a rocking chair gone wild and earned a blister on my finger from wrangling bulbs out of multiple strings of nonfunctional lights. And a good time was had by all.

3 comments:

Brena said...

I hope to address my cards this weekend. I think that next year I may do a picture postcard like some of my relatives. There's always glitter involved though!

Anonymous said...

I received one of those cards today-- what a treat to find it in the mail. Thanks, Ragged!

phinner said...

I love glitter! : .)