Sunday, December 07, 2008

The spirit of things

In my last post I teased about the things I want for Christmas. It was a bit of irony, as I can't seem to think of anything to add to my wish list this year. Cynical has been prodding and usually I have a few wants/desires up my sleeve, but I think right now I am being a little too practical and realizing that I don't really "need" anything. A friend told me yesterday that things had shifted in her mind from what she wanted to what she needed and I suspect the same had happened to me. Although a dress form would be nice, nice, nice.

So, this weekend is going by quickly. I judged the lighting contest Friday night, traversing all across our little town admiring all of the hard work, organizational skills and patience of the homeowners. Yesterday I did some errand running and spent the day with a close friend. A little shopping, a nice lunch and some lengthy venting, conversing and laughing. Mmmmm. What I want for Christmas is more time with her.

Cynical and I did a little more shopping once I got home, hoping to make a dent in his personal shopping and I think we're off to a good start.

It's Sunday and in a few hours my day will get very busy. I'm going to see a musical performance with my mom and then putting up her tree. It's a chore, as I typically assemble it, shape it, put the lights on and then mom adds the ornaments. It's not a fair exchange, but it never is. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

phinner said...

time spent with mom, priceless.

: .)